My 2015 Essentials




Hello everyone,



I'm just back from holiday in Yorkshire (or there abouts) and I thought that I should do another post since I had a lot of ideas but no Wi-Fi to do anything! Anyways, recently I have noticed that I'm getting more and more into fashion, whether that be the trends in 2015 or 1950s, I love them all. But all I see nowadays are bloggers who try to keep up with the very latest statements and sometimes don't take their own personal style into account, they just want to be like everyone else! So, this has inspired me to create an "Essentials" post for this coming year, enjoy!




1. Blazers.

Blazers used to be related to offices, for smartly dressed suits worn in business. But that has changed. Blazers in this current day are amazing, all the different materials, shapes, lengths, they're just perfect! You can wear them from Winter right through to Summer, because of the varying materials they are a must. And don't just go for black, go wild with the colours!


Image result for blazers for women






2. The Skater Skirt.

Right, these are the best things going. Out of all of the skirt options out there, my absolute favourite kind has to be a skater skirt. In my opinion, skater skirts are universally flattering on every single body type. They’re easy to wear, they can be made casual or more dressy, they’re comfortable, and they’re relatively inexpensive (usually). Skater skirts are so versatile! I love all of the options they bring along. Also, you can wear these skirts for any occasion, whether it be smart, casual or party season! Here are some of the styles of skater skirts which are from ASOS Curve (which is my heaven, just saying).

Image result for curvy skater skirts                    Image result for curvy skater skirts                  Image result for curvy skater skirts 

3. Collars.

Now, if anyone doesn't like collars then y'all can just head on out of here! Originally these collared tops, jumpers or dresses are from the 1940s and 1950s but they are now very big. With collars, you can mix and match with colours, styles and patterns. It doesn't need to be something boring, spice it up!



Image result for asos curve collarImage result for asos curve collar  Image result for asos curve collar     Image result for asos curve collar

4. Midi Skirts.

These are a gift from God!! I honestly have about 20 different midi skirts. I love them. Originally from the 1940s/ 1950s "Pinup" style, these skirts come down to just around your knees and sit as high waist. These are absolutely perfect because they are floaty. Yes, not only are they floaty but with all the different materials and colours you can get, ladies and gentlemen we have a winner!


Image result for asos curve midi skirt    Image result for asos curve midi skirt     Image result for asos curve midi skirt      Image result for asos curve midi skirt



5. Vest Tops and Camis.

I presume everybody who will be reading this has at least one vest top but I have to reiterate this point. YOU NEED VEST TOPS IN YOUR LIFE. Okay? :) Also, Camis are basically floaty vest tops, normally made from Chiffon. These are also perfect too.


Image result for asos curve vest tops and camis                 Image result for asos curve vest tops and camis                     Image result for asos curve vest tops and camis


6. Kimonos.

No, these aren't the floor length Kimonos that are typically associated with Japanese Geishas. These come in various different types, materials and styles. You can find one sold in almost every highstreet fashion shop, probably. I find that people tend to be either hit or miss with Kimonos, and that's fine, because after all you like what you like!



Image result for asos curve kimono      Image result for asos curve kimono    Image result for asos curve kimono   Image result for asos curve kimono


7. FOOTWEAR.

Excuse the capitals, but I honestly couldn't be bothered listing all the different types of boots, heels, sandals, flats, brogues. See, I just listed. I was thinking about putting Crocs into that list, but I couldn't put you through that pain! All I can basically recommend here is, you buy whatever pair of shoes or boots you want to. It's your own personal style, not everyone else's. You don't need to please anybody by having to wear the latest ankle boots or whatever (but if you like them then that's good too!) I have a good 50 pairs of shoes, and I honestly can't get enough of them. Infact, I just buy too much of everything I think. But anyways, here are some ideas of the styles and types of shoes that I like and maybe might own (when I get the money, shops here I come mwahaha!)

 
Black Multi Buckle Strap Block Heel Ankle Boots  | New Look            Black Laser Cut Out Lace Up Block Heel Ankle Boots  | New Look                   KG by Kurt Geiger Heidi Snake Print Leather Heeled Sandals



New Look Relative Mesh Heeled Shoe Boots         Daisy Street Black Patent Croc Mollie Shoes                           ASOS SOUTHY Pointed Heels




So, I hope that those points gave you an insight into my own personal style and I really hope that it has maybe helped you in some way! But remember, don't just be a sheep and follow everyone else by buying what they have bought, make sure you take some time to work out your own style, that may take some time, but trust me it's worth it in the end, I promise!






Catch you later,


GundysandRoses







Social Media Links:













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I'm Wearing This Autumn / Winter

My current favourites + wishlist wants!

Older and wiser?