Monthly Favourites - April

Favourites - we all have them, and they come in various different categories. Therefore, me being the brightspark that I am (I heard that laugh!) decided that it might be a good idea to write now again about my current favourite things. By doing this, it could help with gift ideas, or even your next purchase if you wanted!

For the month of April there has been various different things that I have really been liking. I have to say that my number one is most definitely plastic glasses. Yes, I know you're probably thinking that I have completely lost my marbles. But I haven't. I'm not talking about the cheap, flimsy ones... I think if I called them "Tumblr cups" then you might have an idea? These come in hundreds of different patterns and sizes do vary, depending on what shop you buy from. As of today, I now own five of these amazing cups, costing only £3 each, and more or less unbreakable... bargain!

  Image result for tumbler cups with straws Image result for tumbler cups with straws


You will never guess what my next favourite thing is! Okay, you probably worked out that it was my nails that I'm rambling on about. Every month I get my gel nails done at Holly Blue Nails and Beauty in Edinburgh, however this month I became absolutely obsessed over the design. When it comes to the design, I could go in in April and come December I still wouldn't have made a decision! So I thought why not let professional decide... what a brilliant idea! Lauren put a gorgeous turquoise base, with a hot pink and silver foil design at the top, and I freakin love it! The sheer amount of compliments I have had is unreal... Thanks Lauren! On the left is my current favourite design, and some other ideas for you.



  



Okay, judge me if you want to on this one but I just had to put this in here... I'm just going to come right out and say it. Starbucks! Yes, I realise that I'm like 10 years behind this obsession but oh my goodness it is bliss! I have never drank either coffee or tea, and I don't plan to any time soon. But as for 'Frappuccinos' oh my... For all the different types of flavours, I just cant get enough. What makes it better is that every time I've ordered, they actually ask how to spell it! I have waited my whole life for this, no joke! But yeah, I'm loving the 'bucks.

     Image result for starbucks drinks tumblr     Image result for starbucks frappuccino tumblr  


When it comes to makeup, pricey and expensive brands aren't the be all and end all in my opinion. I prefer to try out the more affordable brands, and if I happen to like them then its easier and way more affordable to restock my makeup bag! Recently I have come across three brands which I hadn't tried before - Sleek Makeup, NYX and Makeup Academy (MUA). With a dark/red lip and winged liner, I'm ready to face the world. And because of that, I have found my new favourites...

From Sleek Makeup, I discovered their 'Matte Me' range of ultra smooth matte lip creams. They are fabulous. The shades I own are ' Velvet Slipper ',' Rioja Red ',' Fired Up ' and my favourite which is ' Vino Tinto '. Filling in my eyebrows is something that I was most definitely wary to try, however I managed to find a product from this brand which suited my capability level just fine. The ' Eyebrow Stylist' is a crayon/pencil on one end with a styling brush at the other. The shade that I use is 'dark' because well, its obvious!

   


Makeup Academy was a brand that I had never heard of before, but I thought that with the very affordable pricing I may as well give it a shot. As I have rosacea which means that my cheeks are often if not always red and blotchy... One thing that I was searching for was a powder which would be able to cover up my blotchy patches. I bought the ' Pro Base Prime and Conceal Powder ' and this has worked a treat! With the four colours (yellow, green, purple and red/brown) it allows you to colour correct the areas needed and I couldn't ask for more!


                                               



If I'm putting my makeup on, my winged liner is a must. At first, this was the most difficult thing I had ever tried to get right, and being honest... It took maybe about a year to get right and continue that progress! I have tried more or less every type of eyeliner going, whether it be a liquid pen, angled pen etc... But I found that ' Vinyl Liquid Liner ' from NYX suits me just right. It consists of a tube of liner liquid with a very small and precise brush enabling you to get the perfect wing.



                                                



That is all my this months favourites. Did anything take your interest? Let me know if you have any current favourites which are worth knowing about.


Catch you later,

GundysandRoses x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I'm Wearing This Autumn / Winter

My current favourites + wishlist wants!

Older and wiser?