Craigmount Pipe Band Ceildh!




What a night this was! Heading home after a ten hour shift, to get myself dolled up and head out to the celebratory evening to support Craigmount High School's pipeband. The evening was held at the Capital Hotel in Edinburgh, and I have to say that the suite the event was being held in was lovely. They had gone all out on the decorations, for example they had lovely fairy lights and stunning candelabras in the centre of every table to putting blue sash on the chairs.





I think in total there was about 80-90 people there to support the band, and with that amount of people, the members of the hotel provided a lovely three course meal plus tea and coffees to finish. The starter consisted of roast duck with brioche toast served with red current jelly, and it was lovely. The main course was chicken breast stuffed with haggis, sautéed potato, carrots, green beans wrapped in bacon with a whiskey jus on the side... (Yum). As for the pudding? Well, it was sticky toffee pudding. And not just any regular one that you could buy out the shops, this one was amazing, and it was served with a toffee ice cream, just perfect for those who have a sweet tooth!

    

Now, I have to say many thanks to the amazing ceilidh band who made our night so enjoyable. When it comes to ceilidhs, having my experience of the tens of ceilidhs I've been to in Tiree, I'm most definitely not one to shy away from a good dance or two, or in my case eight! I think that no matter what age you are, it is a fantastic way to get involved and enjoy yourself, even if you have no idea what you're doing!

Overall, I would just like to say many thanks to the staff at the hotel, the amazing band, and to my aunty Sheila and her friends for making this a great night, and definitely one to remember!



Catch you later,

GundysandRoses 



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I'm Wearing This Autumn / Winter

My current favourites + wishlist wants!

Older and wiser?